Re: LTO 6 space occupying issue.

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Diego Alonso Pantoja Barrios
Re: LTO 6 space occupying issue.
on Aug 23, 2018 at 9:48:04 am

Hello, Tim. I'm Diego.

I'm working in a film producer and distributor. So I'm very familiar with writing LTO's from a hard disk and the other way around.

A few weeks ago I ran into the same problem than Hari. My LTO-6 tapes could no longer storage documents like before. They pop up an error report saying that there isn't enough space on tape and that it's necessary to put in another tape. And I'm talking about storage just 1Tb per task.

I've always been working with the same BRU PE version. So I didn't thought it was the software's problem, but the LTO tape's problem. But it wasn't either. Because I tried to do a regular backup operation with some old tapes and the error report was still the same than with the new tapes!

So now I'm suspecting that it might be an error from my TC-L62BN LTO- 6 HH Quantum device. I talk to a Quantum support tech and she told me the device's guaranty expired a yer ago. I've tried to apply a Cleaning Cartridge but it doesn't make any difference.

Thank you for your attention. I hope there's an easier and cheaper solution than buying a new LTO reader device to write on LTO-6 right again.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]