FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: LTO 6 space occupying issue.

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hari Krishna Pune
Re: LTO 6 space occupying issue.
on Aug 2, 2018 at 7:37:45 am

Hi, Thanks for your explanation. Yeah you are right, If I am using an backup application I may know about the soft errors. But in my case I am not using one.

I ran the health test & full write test using IBM tape diagnostic tool a while back. Please see the attached images for the test results. I ran the test multiple time by changing the drive firmware also. Still stuck with Performance failed message.

As you said it might be the issue with the tape - for that I am not using any old tapes here in this case. All the tapes are brand new. Also providing the consistency check and rollback pics. Please refer.

And in the matter of cleaning head I never did it on purpose, But I did it when ever my drive shows an error code "C" in the single character display. After got this issue I have seen an post from another blog and tried to hard clean with multiple times. Still getting the same issue. Yesterday I tried running cleaning cartridge for up to 10times and then make some data transfer. And the result is I have copied the data of 1.1TB and is showing that 1.35TB occupied in the tape.

HARI KRISHNA PUNE
FCP EDITOR & ARCHIVE MANAGER

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]