Re: BRU PE Tape Import Tool won't authenticate - "BRU PE Not Installed" - FALSE

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Curtis
Re: BRU PE Tape Import Tool won't authenticate - "BRU PE Not Installed" - FALSE
on Jan 14, 2018 at 6:43:38 pm

Hi Bob,

To continue our OT rambling, I couldn't agree more about health insurance. It's a cruel game rigged against us. However, my client is a provider, a chain of hospitals, and what's encouraging about it is that they're looking into customer service and looking at patients as consumers, not cattle to be treated as commodities in a feed lot - being sensitive to wait times and meeting expectations, giving value for out of pocket expenses, and less of thinking of doctors as gods who can continue to put their schedules ahead of their customers. This is something I feel is long overdue. I live in Dallas, and these Doc-in-a-box have been popping up on every corner, and I think the competition is heating up. Too bad that insurers don't feel the same heat. You may know this, but health insurers are exempt from anti-trust laws, which means they are free to collude and rig prices so that there's no difference between the different insurers on price, and that makes them also free to provide crap service, as long as everybody is doing it.

Thanks for the intel on Tolis' competition. When I got into LTO, I started with Retrospect, and quickly grew dissatisfied. At the time, I think there were only two other competitors on Mac. One was a German company, and the other was Tolis, with their product geared towards digital media production.

BRU PE isn't a product I use daily as I do with the Adobe apps, so the $300/year seems a bit out of proportion, but as you put it, maybe it's a position I should re-think. We US people pay around $660/year for the CC suite, and considering how much time I spend using it (five days a week, all day long) vs. BRU PE (~once a fortnight for a couple hours), the BRU PE support seems exorbitant, especially considering how little bother I am to them. In the seven or so years that I've needed help, I've needed help for maybe a total of one hour. So, if I'd been paying them annually, their support from me would have earned them $2100/hour.

I'm also paying Blue Cross a ransom for my insurance, and since I'm pretty healthy, it's not been a great return either.

Cheers,
Jim

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro 5,1; 6-core 3.06 GHz; 128 G RAM all the same brand; dual boot: 1011.6 & 10.12.6; QT 7.6.6; Primary display: 4K HP Dreamcolor; secondary: 24" HP DreamColor; Nvidia TITAN GPU; ATTO R680 RAID5 16TB; ATTO H680 HBA for HP LTO5 tape; USB3 PCIe card; latest drivers all around

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]