Re: BRU PE Tape Import Tool won't authenticate - "BRU PE Not Installed" - FALSE

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Curtis
Re: BRU PE Tape Import Tool won't authenticate - "BRU PE Not Installed" - FALSE
on Jan 6, 2018 at 1:06:08 am
Last Edited By Jim Curtis on Jan 6, 2018 at 4:20:14 pm

Mike from your Support Group sent me a build of BRU PE Import Tool that will launch and import tapes in both El Capitan and Sierra. So, thank you, Tim for your advice to contact the Support Group.

I don't think it's unrealistic for software vendors to keep pace with the operating systems their software runs on, and to release patches and fixes when the OS changes. Nvidia and ATTO do this continuously, without charge. ATTO support is some of the best I've ever experienced.

As to the issue with authentication, Mike kindly explained that the issue is related to Apple security updates (which may be why I was "magically" bounced from being able to authenticate) and Tolis not being an "identified developer" in the Mac Security & Privacy firewall built into OSX, and that Tolis has to do some hoop jumping to stay compatible with OSX 10.6 onward. I don't run BRU PE every day - not even every week, so I didn't make the connection between a security update and BRU PE locking me out of Admin access.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro 5,1; 6-core 3.06 GHz; 128 G RAM all the same brand; dual boot: 1011.6 & 10.12.6; QT 7.6.6; Primary display: 4K HP Dreamcolor; secondary: 24" HP DreamColor; Nvidia TITAN GPU; ATTO R680 RAID5 16TB; ATTO H680 HBA for HP LTO5 tape; USB3 PCIe card; latest drivers all around

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]