FORUMS: list search recent posts

The 'T' word

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charles Wannop
The 'T' word
on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:27:34 am

Mr Taxman is funding a new Caldigit Elements array for my 2009 MacPro, He (or She - sorry) may also get to buy me a NAS as an offline vault for storing those projects that *may* come back for tweaking, or are in limbo for what ever reason. But I suspect (and after much trolling through the forums) there is still a requirement for a truly archival type of storage. I am only a start-up one-man-band doing corporate and motor-sport production but even at 720p I am amassing what feels like huge amounts of data. My current solution is a mirrored 1.5TB external drive with timemachine as a real-ish time backup for working files and a shelf full of WD 1TB external drives (main and clone for each client) that gather dust until needed - I have been giving the client the clone drive as an off-site backup just in case of fire/theft/natural disaster.
So my question is - "What about Tape?" Is it still an option? Is it affordable (Sorry Bob, I freely admit my limited budget and the compromises that it dictates, but it would be good to have a goal that I can plan for when the cash permits).

Charles.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]