FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Best backup storage for large media (100+gb cards etc.)

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: Best backup storage for large media (100+gb cards etc.)
on Jun 13, 2016 at 10:51:13 pm

Also considering a move to LTO back up solutions. Does LTO software allow for incremental back ups? Not sure I can afford buying both hard drive based incremental back ups and LTO.

Currently looking at about 15TB of active projects of video maybe another 2 TB of stills. Moving to 4 x 6TB raid 5 for media drive and need to do incremental backups. Once completed would like to store archived back up of each project and delete them from the media drive leaving more headroom for new projects and faster speeds for on going editing.

Not sure of which brand is the best bang for the buck but regardless would like a solution that is not proprietary - meaning I do not wish to be stuck with files that are dependent on a single brand of drive. You never know what's around the corner in this fast changing world of media.

Does LTO back ups require redundancy - that is at least two back ups per project?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]