Troubleshooting Copying LTFS Tapes Back To Drive w/ Cache-A

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dean Karoliszyn
Troubleshooting Copying LTFS Tapes Back To Drive w/ Cache-A
on Jun 9, 2016 at 8:19:55 pm

Hi--

I'm using LTFS formatted tapes on the Cache-A Pro-Cache6 Archive Appliance. I've backed up a considerable amount of footage onto a number of Sony LTO Ultrium 5 tapes. I transferred these tapes via ESATA connection from a Lacie 12TB RAID. Haven't had any issues with the transfer to the tapes that I know of.

I'm having difficulty transferring the tapes back to a drive...after inserting the tape that has already been written, when I check tape information, it claims the total space used is 1059.49 GB (max 1.5 TB), but under file summary, total files are all 0. Under the Tape Directory, when I select "Current Tape" in the dropdown menu on the ride side of the screen, I do not see the directory of the tape, just nothing, but when I select LTFS volume from that dropdown menu, I see all the files on the tape. However, when I try to drag those files to the drive in the source directory (where I have the Lacie 12TB RAID), I get the error message "No files are selected. No operation started."

Any insight as to why this is happening/why the tape seems to have stored the footage, but the appliance can't seem to parse out the files?

Thanks,

Dean

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]