FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Very disappointed with video quality from Canon 70d. Hoping it's operator error!

COW Forums : Canon DSLR Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Very disappointed with video quality from Canon 70d. Hoping it's operator error!
on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:09:01 pm

I think the lens might be the issue. The focus seems to be pulling slowly from back to foreground. Try disabling the auto focus (the 18-55 kit lens is a fairly poor lens these days - mine broke less than a month after I bought it). Shut off image stabilization. Consider installing magic lantern to get on-screen focus and things like zebra stripes. I use magic lantern on a t3i and t2i and I get great footage (I mostly shoot stock).

I highly suggest renting a lens from somewhere like borrow lenses.com. I don't buy lenses anymore: I research high end lenses then find whoever will rent it the cheapest and plan my shoot that way. I realize I can't just pick up and go, but I don't have to spend $thousands either. When a client hires me, I mark up lens and equipment costs so I can discount it later and I rent so there's overlap In time (for a 3-day shoot, rent for a week).

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]