FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for camera recommendations

COW Forums : Field Production

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd PerchertLooking for camera recommendations
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:11:41 pm

Hi! I 'm currently looking at cameras for a new purchase and wondering what others thought. My company does broadcast commercials, about 35-50% green screen. So looking at the 4:2:2 variety cameras. I would prefer a full shoulder-mount - catch is, do to some recent client activity, I need to keep cost down. Not all camera specs list the color space, so I know there are other options that I'm not seeing... Looking at the Canon XF305, Sony PMW EX-1R, Panasonic AG-HVX200A, and the Panasonic AG-AF100. I like the AG-AF100 specs and price, but doesn't have a servo zoom - so that may be out unless someone has some suggestions. And I like the Canon, but is on the higher end of this list, which I would need to do some persuading. The top end of the budget is definitely under 10k - in fact, the closer to 5k, the better.

I edit on a beefy Adobe CS5/Matrox MX02 system, which I think will edit all the formats without transcoding. I don't need to match with any other camera, since this is an upgrade from a Panasonic DV.

Does anyone have any recommendations or opinions on these cameras, or other cameras?
Thanks for the help! TC

Posts IndexRead Thread

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]