FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large (for us) Production coming up, could use some advice!

COW Forums : Field Production

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charles Ferran
Large (for us) Production coming up, could use some advice!
on Mar 19, 2019 at 1:35:57 pm

Howdy!

I work for a small'ish' agency in Scranton PA and we've got a new client that has us going to NYC and DC for two separate days, a Monday, then a Wednesday. We think it will be a 3 camera shoot and they 'must have' 4K. We currently have one camera capable of 4K, the Canon R (which is a tad crippled with the sensor crop I know) and we want to rent everything else.

We have basic lights, basic audio, and don't really have any of the big production essentials like C-Stands, sand bags, flag kits, etc. I'm tasked with finding rental equipment for the week and I'm looking for some advice when it comes to renting gear in New York and DC.

I've never navigated the rental world before, but my boss did say if there are things that would make more sense to buy and have forever I should separate them in to another list.

So I think a more direct question is: What should I be trying to buy vs rent?

and then ANY advice or experience or knowledge you can point me to would be super helpful to me!

Charles Ferran
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]