Re: Question to shooters: earbuds etc.

COW Forums : Field Production

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bruce Watson
Re: Question to shooters: earbuds etc.
on Oct 14, 2018 at 10:02:01 pm
Last Edited By Bruce Watson on Oct 14, 2018 at 10:12:05 pm

First, and you of all people already know this, divide and conquer. Hire a video person, handle the audio yourself, problem solved.

But since I'm pretty sure you don't want that answer, I think what you're looking for is an in-ear monitor (IEM). Custom ear molds will give you about as much blocking as you'll get from the 7506s (which I use as well) if not a bit more. And custom molds will be both more comfortable and more secure as well. This will of course be more expensive than headphones. If you want, it can be very expensive indeed. And then if you go wireless on top of it all... well, you can spend some serious cash if you want to.

A place to start might be Etymotic (their homepage is a little... underwhelming, so you have to dig for what you want), or Ultimate Ears. There's a big overlap with the IEMs that stage musicians use, all the way over to hearing aids. What you seem to be looking for is somewhere in the middle. So I'd probably start with Etymotics. Clearly, YMMV.

EDIT: Ah, found it. I'm thinking the Etymotic ER4-SR might be a good place to start.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]