FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: What kind of jack should I buy? Any recs?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Crowley
Re: What kind of jack should I buy? Any recs?
on Jan 26, 2020 at 8:00:16 am
Last Edited By Richard Crowley on Jan 26, 2020 at 8:10:15 am

The traditional US terminology is a male "Plug" and a female "Jack" However in UK/EU they seem to commonly use the term "jack-plug" which is very confusing to us on our side of the Pond.

But, to answer your question. My favorite source of bulk cable and connectors is an online dealer: I have made almost all my own cables for many decades, and Redco is my preferred source for both cable and connectors. They have a very wide varety of 3.5mm (male) plugs which would be suitable for headphone cord replacement:
Note that there are also 2.5mm connectors on that page, so be sure to get the right size!

I prefer to use "right-angle" plugs, especially on 3.5mm headphone cords. Because the plug is so mechanically vulnerable, using a right-angle version greatly reduces the torque on the shaft of the plug when the cord in under tension.

Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 All Rights Reserved