Re: A moment of weirdness - multiple lavs

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Galli
Re: A moment of weirdness - multiple lavs
on Jan 15, 2020 at 7:45:59 am

Aloha David,

I didn't do any troubleshooting other than what I mentioned; there was no time! The theory of having two units on the same frequency crossed my mind, but the units had been in constant use together for a day and a half without issue, and were used together again later. I did check the batteries on the units that seemed to be misbehaving, but they were nice and strong.

I might have turned something off and on again, but I don't recall doing so. Again, we were holding a scene while I tried to get things up and running, so "make it work" was priority one, and "figure out what happened" had to wait for a break. By the time the break came, the issue had self-corrected.

As far as people mucking about with the gear, I suppose it's possible that the talent got bored waiting for her cue and decided to press buttons on the transmitter, but everything else involved was in arm's reach: the recorder, the receivers, the unused transmitters. Seems unlikely, but if that did happen, then after I swapped mics on her, it should have remained mucked up until I discovered the problem.

I've got 2 full weekends of shoots coming in Feb with the same rig, so I'll be setting it up before then and trying to duplicate the hiccup. I don't like not knowing!

The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]