FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Should I take the role? Audio Trainee

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nicolette Hurnen
Re: Should I take the role? Audio Trainee
on Aug 16, 2019 at 12:19:00 am

Sorry for the late reply. I really enjoy uni, because I get access to some amazing gear. Some of my papers are a bit pointless (for me) and require a lot of work, but some are equally amazing. One of my audio lecturers worked on the Hobbit (in ADR I think) and we spent a lecture going through all of the stems and swapping Bilbo's voice for a class mates. But that was the most complex thing we were shown in the paper, and there's not a lot of audio in the degree (there's one specific paper) everything else has audio on the side but not focused on Audio. Although we share facilities with a Commercial Music Degree so I've taken some of their papers.

The rest of the degree is mostly exploring production on a whole (which I don't mind to much as I'm also interested in being a Producer and eventually a director).

I'm certainly going to look for more internships/positions on films when I finish my degree.

PS: I went to take the position (the morning after it was offered to me by the recordist) and I got a call to say that the producer had found someone who had just graduated (from the same degree as I'm doing) and that they were probably going to go with the graduate. Which is a little disappointing, but I hope that I'll get more opportunities like this when I leave uni.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]