FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Should I take the role? Audio Trainee

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nicolette Hurnen
Re: Should I take the role? Audio Trainee
on Aug 16, 2019 at 12:01:56 am

Sorry for the late reply! Sort of, we have the facilities at Massey and we often have external clients (like feature films) come in and use our studios and mixing desks. However the degree is only 4 years old and there is no specific audio pathway yet.

I've made sure to organise projects and extra sessions with the Technicians so that I can use all of the gear and practice. Although it seems that only myself and a third year are they only ones interested putting any effort into learning how to do sound professionally.

We use protools but I'm not overly confident in it yet. I have a certificate in live sound but it's not from uni, we mostly do on set and post production with very little studio time, even though we supposedly have some of the best studios in NZ (which is a bit sad).

I can find out exactly what we have if you're interested? Unfortunately there's not many high level productions that happen during my degree as many people don't have the motivation to go all out on a project, so I end up working as my own producer and director (which is not too bad) whenever I want to do something that requires mixing later. But it means that I'm working from 7.40am to 9pm-10pm most days which can be quite exhausting.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]