FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Sound proofing a room

COW Forums : Studio Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alan Balch
Re: Sound proofing a room
on Jul 15, 2018 at 12:36:40 pm

[Bruce Watson] "So first thing, decide what you're trying to do (sound proofing or sound treatments). Then decide how much needs to be done, and what your budget is. If it's not your "video studio" then find out what you're actually allowed to do to it."

Bruce, this has been very helpful. Thank you for your input. As you can tell, I am writing this post from an abundance of ignorance in this process so thanks for giving it to me straight.

To answer your questions above, sound treatments seem like my best option as sound proofing the room will not be possible as it's not my own space.

Deciding how much needs to be done is the next step, that is really the crux of my question. From the reading the excellent source you provided from http://www.asc-studio-acoustics.com/products/ I think that LENRD bass traps along with studio foam wedge might work in at least dampening the echos in the room. My reason for this line of thought is my studio will be used only for recording interviews on camera, so there won't be any music mixing or live performances. From what I read about bass traps they are the first step in addressing resonant frequencies. Furthermore, because the room has no parculier angels to it such as vaulted ceilings or odd shaped walls I think these bass traps will help.

[Bruce Watson] " Neither of these things involve just throwing some sort of "sound proofing foam" at it, in some sort of quantity, and you're done. Both are a lot more work than that."

Thanks again for this reminder, that getting quality sound is not an easy process. That's gotta be a common mistake for those of us who are trying to learn. I'd appreciate you feedback on this process as I move forward.

Alan Balch
• • • • • • •
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]