DAT player digital outputs

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mary Waitrovich
DAT player digital outputs
on Jun 24, 2012 at 8:09:26 pm

I am so glad this forum exists!
I have finished digitizing my boxes of cassette tapes, and now I'm on to the DAT tapes. I have a Sony PCM-R300 DAT deck which I used a lot in the 90s to record live shows and radio shows. All I ever used were the analog ins and outs. However, now that I want to transfer most of this audio to my hard drives, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to figure out how to stay digital during the transfers; worth it either quality-wise or time-wise.
4329_datback.jpg.zip
That's a link to a photo of the deck back. There are digital "coaxial" and "optical" outputs, but I don't know what kind of cable to use for the coaxial and the optical output has me completely baffled (do you use bare wire under the screw or what?).
So I would appreciate any advice I can get on the best and most efficient way to transfer about 40 DAT tapes into Sound Forge. If I can come digitally out of the deck, how do I get it into the PC without going through the analog jacks?
Or should I just not bother with all this and go into the computer through the analog sound card?
Thanks much people!

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC
http://www.mediaplusyou.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]