Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Broadcast Audio Query

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John DaviesBroadcast Audio Query
by on May 2, 2012 at 4:18:53 pm

Hi,

Having strayed into the 'Audio Professionals' forum for the first time, I feel a little lost and out of place.

I have some audio to deliver for broadcast and have never had to deal with audio on such a level before. I have the direction of... 'The required set up level is zero level (PPM 4) @ 0 dBm with 18dB of digital headroom Programme sound peak levels should not exceed +8dB (PPM 6)' - Having Googled numerous parts of this, I could do with this translating for me.

I don't expect someone to break it all down for me as this has probably been asked hundreds of times before on here, but a link to a guide or rundown of what this means to an audio newbie would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running out various 4 x 22m mixes and have so far been bringing in to Audition, adjusting certain levels, bringing peaks down and applying a hard limiter to even out some parts. Now this has been brought to my attention (PPM / 18db Headroom) I thought I should stop in case I'm going down the completely wrong route.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]