FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Gee
Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc
on Aug 12, 2010 at 6:39:35 pm

> As I said before, someone has to actively mix that as it's being recorded. You can't do that and run >camera.

I guess I should have mentioned, I don't run the camera. I work with a small crew, and we are all kind of new to the game. But there's a director, 1-2 camera operators, script supervisor, assistant producer (exec producer is off set) all on set. What do you mean by "actively mix"? I can't just plug everything in, set the levels, and listen?

> Not anywhere as good as the Sound Devices 302. You can shoot with a VHS camcorder, if you get >my drift.

I don't really get your drift. We are using a Panasonic AG-HMC150P AVCCAM for the main camera and it has a two channel XLR input. The original budget for a mixer was 150-300. Which was laughable, so a Sound 302 would be out of the question. I think I've got them convinced for at least 550 for the Sign ENG-44. It at least has 4 channels, a tone, a moderate UV meter, etc.

>Don't know. How good are you?

Considering I've never done anything like that before, probably not very good. I don't know what that would even entail. But I'm a youngster, and learn quick :D. And could practice. I just need some direction on what and how to do it. Kind of what I was looking for here.

But is it even worth it? Should I not waste the time/money on a mixer and just send the mics to the camera ch 1 and 2 like I've been doing? And do all mixing in post? I guess the only thing that would be limited here is the fact that I'm limited to two mics. Which so far, is all we have needed.

Thanks so much for your replies! You're awesome. Been lurking for a while now and searching the forums as needed. Really helped me out. Still learning.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]