FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ty Ford
Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc
on Aug 12, 2010 at 6:02:17 pm

"Right, I was hoping to save time in post production by mixing live to the camera. So have person A mic on ch 1 on the mixer and person B mic on ch 2 to the mixer (both set to stereo), and then the output both channels mixed as stereo to the camera. Instead of having mono channels go to the camera and then having to mix in post. But it seams like I would have less control in the end.

>> As I said before, someone has to actively mix that as it's being recorded. You can't do that and run camera.

As far as the equipment goes, I was thinking of going with the Sign Video ENG-44. That way I could plug my 2 lavs, the boom, and even a hypercardioid placed somewhere else if needed in the shot.

>> Not anywhere as good as the Sound Devices 302. You can shoot with a VHS camcorder, if you get my drift.

>Import it as two tracks and simply go through and pull down A when B is talking and vice versa. I do it >all the time.

Sounds like a necessary evil. I was hoping to get around this issue as well by mixing live. Is it possible?

Don't know. How good are you?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]