FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ty Ford
Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc
on Aug 12, 2010 at 1:14:40 am

Hello Mike and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Questions.

1. Why did you choose a shotgun mic over a hypercardioid? A shotgun is not the mic you want to use on interiors unless the environment is acoustically ver controlled, as it might be on a shooting stage.
Here's why:http://gallery.me.com/tyreeford#100038

Depending on the number of people and their seating arrangements, you might also consider a bunch of Shure SM58s on table stands and an automixer that only opens a mic when its spoken into.

2. It's not just about turning a mic up and down, it's also about making sure the mic is aimed at the person speaking. Do you have time to pay attention to the audience mic to mix it properly or are you talking about hiring someone else to do it? If not, I suggest you find someone to help do the job right.

With a boom person, you can stop the action and get them to make a comment or ask a question after the boom is in place and you have them in focus.

You need a good utility player (person). I do that sort of thing. Audio plus, grip, gaff, composition and exposure consultant . It'll totally raise your game if you find the right person.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]