FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Gee
Re: Multiple Mics, Mixing, Etc
on Aug 11, 2010 at 11:46:57 pm

The SECOND scenario is two people talking to each other. I've used my two mic lav system for this before. Person A has a lav mic and is on CH1 on the camera, and the other mic is CH2 on person B. But this again requires me to mix the audio in post (I've been turning CH1 channel into mono, back into stereo, replacing it in Final Cut as a stereo track, and doing the same for CH2 as a second track in FCP).

Even worse when I do this, the people are so close together, that CH1 mic is picking up the person B as they talk, and vise versa. So I have to manually silence when person B is talking, on the first channel, and vise versa. Hope that makes sense.

So again, thinking of getting a mixer so that I would get both person A and person B recored to the same stereo audio track on the camera. But I'm not sure how I would work the mixer effectively.

I can't separate the people any more. I've used my boom with a shotgun once in this scenario, but holding a boom for hours and hours is less fun then mixing in post, and directing the shotgun mic back and forth, anticipating when the person is going to speak, and sometimes they have a tendency to talk over each other also makes it difficult.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]