Re: Good mixer

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nick Vaka
Re: Good mixer
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:51:06 pm

I understand that,

I'm not looking to put any effects on the tracks coming in (that will all go down in post). The very last thing I want to do is add effects while recording.

I too am a control freak, which is why I'm trying to ride the audio level going into the interface from the microphone to keep it from clipping. Like adding effects during recording or Jack Daniels into a Coke, Removing clipping from overly loud audio is a pain.

I was just confused by the fact that the only real levels adjustment on the interface for the Konnekt 6 is gain, and I couldn't adjust the level of recorded audio through the virtual interface. I only brought up the reverb because I was making a point about adjusting settings on the interface itself. After receiving answers here and from t.c. electronic, I now understand what this thing is capable of. I have no desire to record reverb.

Not a big audiophile, but I understand that adding effects during recording is a bad idea. It's like shooting a commercial in Black and White and realizing the client wants color :D.

Thanks for you response.

Nick Vaka
Motion Graphics & Animation
http://www.nickvaka.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Good mixer by Nick Vaka on Apr 18, 2010 at 6:48:56 pm
    • Re: Good mixer by Ty Ford on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:10:15 am
    • Re: Good mixer by Jean-Christophe Boulay on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:10:07 pm
      • Re: Good mixer by Nick Vaka on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:14:10 pm
      • Re: Good mixer by Bob Kessler on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:31:59 pm
        • Re: Good mixer by Nick Vaka on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:51:06 pm