FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Open Discussion. What is going to happen Feb 2009 regarding Wireless Mics?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Burbano
Re: Open Discussion. What is going to happen Feb 2009 regarding Wireless Mics?
on Sep 13, 2008 at 1:57:06 am

Im not sure about any other mic systems, but I use the allocated "C" freqs. at or around 745.00mhz from Sennheiser. TV transmissions utilize wide FM band transmissions, that are digitally encoded. Sennheiser units use narrow band FM UHF. While it may be possible to occasionally receive interference, higher end mics can be PL toned, where most interference will be eliminated. Again, when transmitting, the strongest signal to the nearest receiver will work fine. I can only speak for myself, but when I use wireless, it's for no further than maybe 30ft. where most systems operate fine at as far as 1000ft. If you need more than that there are system antennas that can be utilized to enhance reception further both from popular manufacturers like shure, sennheiser and lectronics. I dont think this is something that is of great concern to us. Also, most people,.. not all are on cable.
The extra burden of having an additional decoder unit, and even a better antenna than traditional rabbit ears on a tv, are going to sway the people who have held away from cable services, towards cable. All TVs are required to receive interference, so therefore it wont be much of a concern that you would interfere with them. This is all part of "Part 15" of FCC rules. While it may be technically illegal, I dont think you have to worry about the FCC utilizing hundreds of man hours, to try and triangulate you while you are shooting a scene or a wedding. If it is a tremendous concern, or wireless cannot be used, that is why we use wired systems..Just a thought.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]