Re: Microphone for recording guide vo

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Burbano
Re: Microphone for recording guide vo
on May 10, 2008 at 3:12:56 pm

Hi Rod,

If you are setting up a FCP suite, I would recomend you set it up right from the beginning. Of-course this means laying out money but doing it right from the beginning will save you time and money later on..

So I would recommend you get yourself a good firewire mixer, 2 channels ok, 4 channels better. Alesis makes some really good mixer/audio interfaces in Firewire and USB. Their popular ones are the 8 and 12 channel. This device gets hooked up to your computer via firewire, and is set up to be your input/output device for sound. Very easy to setup and very easy to use.

You should have a good set of monitors,again I use the KRKs studio monitors, but have recently bought a pair of BX8A from M-audio. They are phenomenal and have a tremendous amount of power. Those get hooked up to the main out from the mixer.

For Mikes, I use the AKG perception 200, and I built a small 6x6 sound booth myself, cause my macs, crank up some noise, when recording.

Setting up a system like this will probably cost you about $1200 USD, you can purchase these things from any of the common stores, B&H in NYC, Gotham, or Guitar Center, shop around for best prices.

For portable I was using the M-Audio FW 410 interface, I was using this on my powerbook, and it works great, it's bus powered, and have recorded directly into FCP, garageband, and Soundtrack, with no problem.

Hope this helps,

George

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]