ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Dual-System Sound Question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: Dual-System Sound Question
on Aug 28, 2017 at 5:36:10 pm

you have the potential for a major post headache.

It seems unlikely that your audio person recorded audio on all eight tracks of your files. I would go through those files and modify your audio on these files to the number of tracks actually used. I also can't think of a reason to work with anything other than your original audio files.

In Premiere, the proxy file audio tracks have to match your original files exactly or they you won't be able to match back to the originals. So if you end up with 4 channel original files, you then need to create 4 channel proxies.

Premiere now has a very solid audio sync feature built-in so you should have no issues with syncing your video files to the secondary audio files.

The main issue you have is that this process is going to take some time due to the volume of material you're working with.

And if you take your finished timeline into audition and export an omf from there you should then eliminate any issues with merged clips.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]