ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brent Marginet
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on Aug 10, 2017 at 2:02:17 am

I have a long standing case with Nvidia about this problem and I bug there asses about it once every two to three months. Seems they know about this CUDA issue and really don't give a damn about it. I pretty much get the same canned reply every time. "It's in the Que and may never be resolved"

I have found a couple of things that did make a bit of a difference. I sent one of my cards into MacVidCards to get Mac Firmware on it which helped a bit but definitely didn't solve it.

Now here's where it gets weird, after a ton of research I found out that the Asus Monitors I was using have this problem on pretty much any Nvidia GTX Video Card that exists wether on Mac's or PC's. After getting nowhere with Asus for Firmware Updates I switched out my monitors and all the glitches are gone. I unfortunately still run into the same hard crashes now and then with AME and on a more regular basis with DaVinci Resolve though. It really P.O.s me that my cheaper Asus Monitors are fine but the expensive ones glitch. One more note about this, if I use Display port to DVI or HDMI Adapters (both active or passive) the glitches are far more severe than just using the DVI and HDMI Ports.

To stop Resolve from crashing when I have really large, long Transcodes to do; I do a complete system shut down first. Once I'm up and running again I start the transcode and make sure I do absolutely nothing else on that system. I have found that even Web Browsers, especially Safari cause these crashes to happen far more often while either AME or Resolve are Transcoding.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]