ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Is 768 CUDA cores enough to Encode with?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Duke Sweden
Re: Is 768 CUDA cores enough to Encode with?
on Aug 5, 2017 at 11:57:20 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Aug 5, 2017 at 3:41:40 pm

Brent, with all due respect I haven't heard from you before I got this new PC, which, btw, is a Dell XPS 8920, which Jeff Pulera recommended to me over a year ago when I first started looking for a more workstation worthy box. My previous PC was an HP which, contrary to public opinion, NEVER gave me problems, through 4 different boxes. Also, I have never seen anyone post on this board complaining that their computer was working flawlessly, so I guess I'm in good company. Now....

Chris, it's not Premiere Pro that fails. The only thing it screws up with is, every once in a while, I get that error message saying that the project I'm trying to open used CUDA, which "is not available on this system". I created the project "on this system", of course CUDA is present, but it only opens in software mode. Closing Premiere Pro and reopening it does the trick.

The major problem is Media Encoder. Sometimes it works fine, I can encode while going back to Premiere Pro, or checking my email, or opening Chrome. But other times as soon as I leave the AME window, it fails. Rebooting the computer will fix that problem, but I'm guessing maybe you might be on to something with the overheating since I have my power options set to never sleep and never turn off the monitors. I will try a more sensible setting and see if that does the trick.

As for your other questions, I didn't like the new essential graphics and essential sound of the latest PPro so I rolled back. I did have the latest version and had the same problem with AME, so that's not a solution.

No RAM leaks, latest drivers ( I did roll back on the Nvidia driver, then updated to the latest one that came out a couple days ago.

Anyway, I have a feeling changing my power options might do the trick so I'll give it a shot. If AME fails again I'll check the error log and report back. Oh, and btw, Photoshop, Audition, After Effects, all work flawlessly.

EDIT: Well, so far, so good.

Dell XPS 8920
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]