Smart Rendering confusion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex Vak
Smart Rendering confusion
on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:11:51 pm
Last Edited By Alex Vak on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:13:05 pm

Hello everyone, here's what I'm trying to do: convert ("rewrap" if you like) DVCPRO HD Panasonic P2 file structures/videos, into single files that contain only video/audio (preferably .mxf, 2nd choice .mov), with the occasional in/out cuts and with absolutely no transcoding. Official guide states it should be very possible, especially with DVCPRO:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html

However, since there is way of knowing what is actually happening in Premiere, and exports seem to take a suspiciously long time (suggesting some encoding might be going on, instead of what should resemble a copy/paste operation speed-wise), can you please tell me if these procedures are correct?

1. Browse and import P2 clips into the project.
2. I then create a sequence by dragging one of the clips (all clips recorded in the same format).
3. No filtering whatsoever, only cuts.

Export:

1a) Format: MXF OP1a, Preset: Match Source (Rewrap), no other changes.
or
1b) Format: MXF OP1a, Preset: Custom, Video Codec: DVCPRO (correct format). The "Enable Smart Rendering codec" option is greyed out and cannot be enabled in the 1a/1b situations.
or
2. Format: Quicktime, Preset: Match Source (Rewrap). "Enable Smart Rendering codec" is nowhere to be found here.

I also cannot understand how "Enable Smart Rendering codec" becomes available ('tickable') only when selecting codecs different to the source, such as AVC-Intra, XAVC, XDCAM etc. no matter what the output resolution is. What kind of Smart Rendering that would be? Thanks for any help.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]