ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Corrupt Project File - Still Opens - Solution for exporting MetaDate to Save Edit

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie Pickell
Re: Corrupt Project File - Still Opens - Solution for exporting MetaDate to Save Edit
on May 25, 2017 at 8:16:10 pm

Andrew,

It would be helpful if you gave us the specs of your setup. PC or Mac? Amount of RAM, size and speed of hard drives, how the drives are connected (internal, USB 3.0, thunderbolt, etc.)

Couple of comments just based on your initial information.
1. When you say your project file is on a Flash drive, do you mean you're running it off of a thumb drive plugged into a USB port? If so, you really should run the project file off of a hard drive, either the system drive or the drive where your media is stored. I usually run the project file off of a drive separate from the media drive and then backup the project file at the end of my work day to either DropBox or another drive.

2. Your issue with the system locking up could be due to a small amount of RAM on your system vs. the amount of assets (every last bit of media including cache files, pek files, etc.) that Adobe is trying to keep track of. I discovered a couple of years ago that Premiere starts locking up when you hit 12,000 assets and only 32GB of RAM. You can rack up those asset numbers quickly on large projects.

3. The work around I used for the problem I encountered in #2 was to create a new project and then only import my most recent sequence (use the media browser to do this). This brought in only the assets I was currently using and this pared down the project significantly. It will also respect the bin structure you established in relation to how you have all your media organized.

Hope this helps,
Jamie

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]