ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Premiere Pro Workflow for Editing Using Mixed Resolutions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ben Cheadle
Re: Premiere Pro Workflow for Editing Using Mixed Resolutions
on Sep 21, 2016 at 4:00:20 pm

First of all, your final point; I found that you can't use your custom ingest settings if you want to copy and create proxies at the same time. They only work for creating proxies alone, without copying. You need to copy your files manually first and then create proxies. If you it to Copy and Create Proxies and then try and select your customer preset it will automatically revert back to just Create Proxies.

Secondly, I think I've found the solution to my original problem. I was mixing 4K and 1080p footage in a 1080p timeline, trying to use proxies for the 4K stuff to aid playback. Unfortunately, when I resized the 4K stuff down to 50% so it would fit the timeline the proxies messed up, and played back as if they were absolutely huge, only displaying the very middle of a shot and derailing playback even worse.

How did I fix this? I rescaled them to 51% instead.

For some reason whatever was preventing the proxies from displaying properly at 50% doesn't happen at 51% or at any other size for that matter, bigger or smaller. Now I can edit 4K stuff mixed in with 1080p stuff, but if I want to zoom into the 4K stuff I won't lose any detail like I would using the Scale to Frame Size option. It's exactly what I wanted. The proxies play back with no lagging so I can edit just fine and then switch them off at the end for a final render and viewing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]