ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Exposure question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Duke Sweden
Re: Exposure question
on Aug 15, 2016 at 3:10:24 pm

Hey Jon, no problem! I think that, once again, my original point is being misunderstood. After all these times I'm starting to think the problem is on my end. ;-)

Thanks to you guys I already knew a lot of what you were telling me here. But I wasn't asking how to light a scene or what vector to adjust my deltas to, or where to position my Johnson Crane ;-)

Tero came closest to answering my question, in fact I think he did. All I wanted to know, and you guys know the quality of my productions, is if I wanted to shoot, say, the big bad wolf in the Black Forest, should I light it as brightly as possible to get as much detail as I can, short of overexposing, and then creating the dark, spooky mood in post by bringing the exposure down (yes, I know about Day4Night, I've got like 4 different plugins), or should I lower the exposure in camera to get the look I'm going for. And the only reason I asked is that when I do under expose, I get nasty artifacts in the dark areas. Having experimented since I first asked, I've found that I can, indeed, lower a brightly lit scene and avoid ugly dark areas when lowering exposure in post. The key is to get it as evenly lit as possible. I can get spooky backgrounds but my face is still brighter than everything else. So I've got to work on that.

But, as always, I'm grateful that people with professional backgrounds like yourselves are quick to jump in and respond to my questions. I'm thinking, as a guitarist with 40 years experience, that if someone asked if it would be ok to pluck a G string rather than learn the chord, I don't think I'd be as patient as you guys are with me.
Cheers!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]