ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: metadata for "date created missing"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Angle
Re: metadata for "date created missing"
on Jul 26, 2014 at 4:13:07 am

Mike, Could be wrong here but I think the problem with renaming .mts files is that it breaks the link to the embedded mystery files in the AVCHD structure. Which in turn, destroys any connection to the important metadata that is really there that Premiere unfortunately chose to ignore.

I've had the recent opportunity to move forward to the CC 2014 release and give her a test run. Gotta say that I'm still scratching my head. I'm of the strong opinion that the fine folks at Adobe need to hire some experienced long-form FCP/AVID editors to do a little pre-release testing on their projects before putting their current price tags on the box.

I've said it before. Premiere CS6 was, in my opinion, released far too early due to the pressure of taking the silver platter from the idiots at Apple FCPX. I sucked it up and prayed for a better re-release because I want so bad to support this. But CC comes along and it's the same old box of chaotic bugs. I'm pretty disappointed with Adobe these days for failing TWICE to step in as our savior. And Apple should be ashamed of themselves for pulling the rug out underneath millions of loyal FCP professionals who loved them like a brother.

Its PC from here on out for me. Y'all please excuse the rant.

Richard Angle

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]