ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Audio doesn't play back, even though audio meters have signal

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Isaac Halasima
Re: Audio doesn't play back, even though audio meters have signal
on May 1, 2016 at 6:35:06 pm

Yeah, I've definitely had that one happen quite a few times.

When I'm in a hurry and feel like gambling, I throw a filter on the audio clip and zero out the adjustments. Your justifying to force Premiere into completely rendering audio (which it doesn't like to do) and dump whatever glitchy render file, or what not, has jacked it up.

If you have more time, kill the render files of the entire sequence, the most effective for me has been when I lifted the entire edit off the sequence and pasted it on a new fresh one (weird how often that one works). But remember to match how many tracks there are, and turn on all the blue "Track Targeting" buttons, on top of the tracks numbers. Otherwise you may not recognize what lands on your sequence after you paste.

The best thing to do though, is look for any audio that isn't a WAV, convert it, then replace the spot on the sequence. If you have automation you can just "paste Attributes" to retain the settings. But really cleaning up the edit and how many clips may overlap each other, is how I've eliminated the problem. Sometimes it's not possible, but if you can get to no more than 3 audio files overlapping at once, it usually won't do that. And yeah, it it isn't all WAV or AIF those problems seem to sneak up pretty consistently, Especially if there's a bunch of clips on the sequence.

Audio used to beat up FCP 7 too. I've crashed them all. The only one that haven't crashed with a direct connection to audio was Avid. But I still prefer Premiere in the end.

T. Isaac Halasima
http://www.vimeo.com/user1134661/videos

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]