ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Preview/Timeline jumping back, very weird like laging/bugging

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Isaac Halasima
Re: Preview/Timeline jumping back, very weird like laging/bugging
on May 1, 2016 at 6:15:05 pm

Mine just started doing that too... and it's around the cruddy compressed audio clips go figure (why do people still give me mp3 files?... not like we still use floppy disks). Audio has beat the snot out of me in Premiere, more than I think it should. But I still remember audio glitches being way more devastating in FCP 7.

The hard drives play into it too. Granted, knowing I'm on a mac, I know with a bushel of HD's running a project my computer would seem to go out of it's way to try and rest drives, causing all kinds of havoc. Which includes the phantom starting points on the sequence after pushing play, and one of my favorites... the complete freeze on the monitor and computer while the audio still finishes the sequence. It gives you a moment to wonder how long it's been since you saved. Making the moment you finally hit "Force Quit" so painful.

On my mac, that system preference has been turned off for years and I'd delete that option if I could. I just haven't touched windows since Bush beat Gore, and have no idea what kind of energy savers it might have.. But everybody's right to point to audio, right off the bat. If it isn't a WAV, you can almost count on something strange eventually happening. That's how I got the the quick finger action for Command+S, as a weird and constant nervous twitch.

Isaac Halasima
OS X El Capitan
iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4GHz Intel Core i7
64 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

isaachalasima.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]