ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Video wont drag from project to timeline in PP CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Josh Watkins
Re: Video wont drag from project to timeline in PP CC
on Jan 25, 2016 at 3:49:51 pm

So I've had this problem for a while now and have just been creating new sequences and copying over footage from there. I've tried clearing caches and renders, to no avail. Today I tried something new and maybe this helps.

I noticed that sometimes when I create the sequence from a specific piece of footage that I want to be my constant setting, other clips (for some unknown reason) wouldn't work or drag in--regardless of being from the same camera and format.

SOLUTION:
I found that creating a sequence using the DSLR presets and customizing the size, frame rate, and so on to match what I know to be true did the trick.

Sometimes Premiere would incorrectly diagnose my clip format and pick an Editing Mode (Canon XF, MPEG, HDV) for my sequence that was incompatible with footage that was the slightest bit different. You could always go with "Custom" from the start, but I've found the DLSR mode has an even enough base to start out with and will most likely cover the compression you're dealing with (provided you're not working with ProRes or a similar codec that's friendly to editing).

I'd love to know if this works for someone else and if my theory holds true.

Thanks!
Josh

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]