Re: Adobe Premier CC 2014 and Flickering

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Warren
Re: Adobe Premier CC 2014 and Flickering
on Jul 6, 2015 at 1:56:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure of the status on this issue for you all, as I just stumbled upon this thread. I have been encountering a random flickering issue when playing back clips dropped into my timeline. There are no effects on any of the clips. Just a standard clip with playback that intermittently will begin flickering when I attempt to playback.

My workaround has been simply saving and closing out PP CC and relaunching the project. The issue has definitely gotten worse over the last several weeks.

I'm working on a Macbook Pro w/ CUDA enabled. I did some digging around on CUDA for my model year of MBP, and found out that there is documented issue with the vid card that Apple is aware of and advises that if your machine falls into their range, to take it into the Genius Bar so they can run a test on it to determine if it's the issue, at which they will send out the machine for repair. (I'm sorry I can't find the link I came across that brought me to this conclusion). Unfortunately my passed the test, but there is definitely something wrong (thank goodness I have Apple Care until October!). However, because I'm on a huge doc series through the end of September, and since this is my only machine to work on at this time, I have to hold of sending out for repair for a bit until I can work ahead enough to go without my MBP for about a week.

Anyway, if you have a MBP, you may want to look into what year it is an see if you qualify for the Apple repair on it. I just bough Sapphire plugins and can't even use them because the CUDA is jacked up and won't be able to use them until I get the issue resolved. Good thing I"m not cutting any promos right now, ha ha ha.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]