ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: How to link back R3D footage from proxy files?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Blake Hodges
Re: How to link back R3D footage from proxy files?
on May 27, 2015 at 5:20:09 pm

Angelo you are a genius. This ended up being EXACTLY the trick I needed. Shame it's not more apparent in documentation for either app for how to go back to raw-camera ONLINE from OFFLINE proxies. So THANK YOU.

I might help clarify Angelo's workflow with just one note: in step 3, after you select your File>Import>TopLevelMediaFolder, REDCINE automatically then prompts you to import your XML file by popping up a new import window ---- at first I was confused and thought these would be separate steps, but REDCINE is smart enough to automatically open a new import window after your media comes in. Also: in step 5, i found selecting "Final Cut XML for Pr" worked best for me.

In case anyone else runs in to this, I WAS experiencing a bug that caused Premiere to crash every time I tried Angelo's workflow. I have now resolved that as well. Allow me to explain.

RUNNING: Premiere CC 2014
REDCINE-X Pro build 33.1

PROBLEM: Premiere would crash after I imported the new XML from REDCINE. I followed all of Angelo's steps to the T .
The issue, however, came once I imported the new XML into Premiere. I'd go File>Import and select my new XML from REDCINE. It would correctly import my XML as a folder (presumable containing clips and a sequence). However, when I would double-click the Folder (it defaulted to Icon View in the Project Panel), BAM!! Premiere would crash immediately. Tried this multiple times, same results. What gives?

SOLUTION: I found that, for whatever reason, trying to open the imported folder (via XML) when in Icon View is what caused the crash. As soon as I switched to LIST VIEW BEFORE selecting my folder in Icon View, I was able to use the carrot drop-down to see all my clips and sequence from the XML. I would immediately then copy those items out into the root level of the Project Panel as to avoid any issues with that buggy folder. Hope this helps anyone who runs into this. I'm guessing it's probably unique to this Premiere build so hopefully it resolves in the next update.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]