Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

alex ziog
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on May 7, 2015 at 1:08:47 pm

Ok, time for to post my 5 kopek)
I've bought (finally!) my new top macbook pro, the one with 512gb ssd, 16gb ram and so on. I was happy as hell, until I started to make my first premiere pro project on it. Of course, I've set the project settings to Mercury CUDA. And, dramatical pause - I press enter to render preview my thing. Black scree immediately. Crash. Reboot. Pause. Ok, I thought, shit happens - I did not save the project, so I've made all the changes... pressed enter. Same damn thing happened. (And in between I've had those glitches which is everyone is talking about here).
Panic.
Ok google, HELP ME, I've just bought a probably world most powerful, and for sure, most expensive laptop, and seems like something is wrong with it, possibly video card fail.
First stupid thing I've found is to make the apple "diagnostics". Thats another funny thing, well, could be funny, if it wouldn't cost so much money. So diagnostics said to me something like "no errors found", and next line is "error ADP000" which after another "research" was something like "ok, this means, that you don't have any errors. but maybe you have", anyway, I even don't want to comment on it, ridiculous situation, another surprise by brilliant apple people living, probably, somewhere outside planet Earth.
Anyway, I've found this thread and was reading it like some kind of novel, not going straight to end, but reading everything, such a drama appeared in front of my eyes. But till this moment I thought that there is already a solution, but so much time had passed by - and no luck!
So I will try to localise the thing. I noticed, that other applications that are using OpenCL, for instance, are not producing any of that cool glitches as Premiere does. So the thing is going on with Premiere Pro. And probably Yosemite - I remember working on same machine like some months ago, with Mavericks running, rendering some really hardcore AE projects - never had any issues...
Well, I know my post is useless regarding that you guys already mentioned all that, but I just want to express my feelings about all the situation and let everyone know, that somewhere is one more quite shocked person.

ADOBE, NVIDIA, APPLE please come back from your planet Paradise to our poor planet Earth and help people get their jobs done!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]