ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason Guerra
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on May 6, 2015 at 4:28:23 pm

It is my understanding that the warranty extension program for the mid-2012 rMBP is a different issue then the one being discussed here. That issue was actually a manufacturing defect with the NVIDIA chip. It would cause the whole screen to go black when the chip got too hot. It didn't always lock up, but because your screen was off you couldn't see anything. It did cause lookups and crashes, but the full black screen was the most common symptom. Because it was a hardware issue, the only fix was to replace the card.

The issue we are discussing is software related. It is linked to the use of the CUDA driver from NVIDIA, especially when used with Premiere Pro. Its most common symptom is visual distortion and breakup of the image. The distortion is often limited to the viewer windows inside Premiere, and changes or goes away with as you continue to play the timeline. While this issue does cause system lookups and crashes, they are infrequent compared to the visual distortion issue. As this is software related, a hardware swap will not resolve it, I know, I tried swapping the hardware multiple times before finding this thred and realizing it was software. There is no available fix for this issue, though many of us have had success with uninstalling CUDA. You have to make sure it's completely uninstalled, looking up and removing all the library folders, and not just removing the preference pane.

So if you think you have the hardware issue, send it in. If you think it's the software issue, try uninstalling CUDA and seeing if you get any improvement with your problem.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]