ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason Guerra
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on May 4, 2015 at 5:13:16 pm

I don't know about end of days, people have been predicting that the entire time I've worked in post, even well before FCP-Gate. The vast majority of post shops and freelancers I know still use Macs and have no interest in anything else. So I also think Adobe is selling plenty of CC subscriptions to Mac users, and not just in the TV/film crowd.

As for Adobe ignoring the problem, it is frustrating. I have actually seen versions of this problem with Mavericks, so it's been close to a year and a half. I will say it's also a little unfair to lay the blame strictly at Adobe's feet. NVIDIA, and Apple don't even acknowledge the problem at all, at least not publicly. And I believe NVIDIA is most to blame, as it's their drivers that cause the problem. Premiere, AE, run glitch free using OpenCL. CUDA has caused problems for me in Finder and Safari, when nothing else running.

For now I have uninstalled CUDA, I'll take the OpenCL perfrmance hit over this mess. I keep an eye on this thred, and a few others on Adobe's forums, to see if a real fix ever gets reported, but in the mean time, no CUDA for me.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]