FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ht Davis
Re: Finding subclip in parent clip
on Apr 16, 2015 at 7:53:30 pm

Matchframe does exist in premiere.

From Adobe Site:
Match a frame with its source

While editing in a Timeline panel, you can find the source frame for any frame in a sequence clip and display it in the Source Monitor. Also, you can find the source frame for any frame in a nested sequence, display it in the Source Monitor, and jump to its location in the source sequence.

Click the header of the track where the sequence clip is located, to target the track.
If more than one track is targeted, Premiere Pro will match the frame in the highest targeted track.

In a Timeline panel, position the playhead over the desired frame in a clip.
Note:
If the source clip for the frame in the sequence clip is already open in the Source Monitor or listed in the Source menu, the Source Monitor will display the last frame you viewed in the clip. To match the frame, close the clip in the Source Monitor before typing the Match Frame or Reveal Nested Sequence keyboard shortcut.

Do one of the following:
Press the F key.

Choose Sequence > Match Frame.

For a clip in a nested sequence, type the keyboard shortcut for Reveal Nested Sequence, Ctrl-Shift-T (Windows), or Shift-T (Mac OS) by default.

Basically, you can do this in premiere. Unfortunately they are still working on the "Reverse Match Frame" or the logical reversal of this function. It will let you currently see where in a source clip you are at a particular frame, so set the frame to the first frame of your clip, do a match frame, write the frame timecode down, do it again for the end frame. Now you can use those to create your desired sub clip, which premiere sees as it's own clip. Some ask why this is useful, and I may agree with that on some levels, but, ultimately, I like having sub clips I can render out independently of my source and main sequence. When I need just a short teaser or even a highlight reel, the source clips can be uber useful if they're properly named and organized. Better still... ...the GAG reel... A million laughs when I catch an intern or some no name picking their nose just before or after a shoot.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]