ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Finding subclip in parent clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alan Brunettin
Re: Finding subclip in parent clip
on Apr 13, 2015 at 11:38:31 pm

Well, firstly, I did what you said, Ht Davis, made a subclip, put it in the timeline and then double-clicked it, but it showed up in the the Source window in stand-alone form; not as a parent clip with that portion indicated.

Similarly, I opened the parent clip in the source window, did an in/out cut and put it into a timeline. I then double-clicked on that clip and that brought up the parent again with only in/out points marked; nothing was highlighted.

But I wonder if we're mixing our terminology? When I say a subclip of a parent clip I'm merely referring to a shorter piece of a larger clip that itself is a portion of a long take. The long take being, say, a ten minute interview; the larger clip being a few sentences spoken; and the "subclip" being a statement culled from those sentences. It's just an edit. No need o create with a menu selection a "Subclip." Ans what I want to be able to do is find that segment I'm calling a subclip within a larger clip in order to reuse it or replace it in the timeline or whatever. FCPX was far more intuitive with this action.

Is this making any sense?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]