ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: Finding subclip in parent clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ht Davis
Re: Finding subclip in parent clip
on Apr 7, 2015 at 12:32:21 am

Sub clips in premiere are different. They reference the original clip, but have an in out mark applied, and look different by their icon and label color. The ones you have may be broken or they may need to simply be rendered. Premiere sees them as an effect, especially if they are slapped up against another clip, there is transition there. If rendering doesn't work, they are broken.

To recreate them, you'll need to know their in point and their duration (premiere uses the in and duration, and you can use Out if you wish), so scroll to the right in your project panel to see the timecode info you'll need. If no scroll bar, try messing with the width of the panel until it shows up, then scroll it to the right. You'll see 4 TC's. The first is the original start, the second an in point (subclip start), the third is an out point (subclip end) and the last is the original clip end. Write them down, then recreate your subclips (rename them) and use the new ones to replace the old in the sequence (do not just delete, it will remove them from the sequence; replace first). This will fix the project.

This is also why I prefer using sequences for clips. I place the clip in a sequence, and dupe that to make a subclip, then mark and in out in the dupe. I can then use that dupe as a nested subclip. I can multicam or multi audio a clip the same way. More versatile.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]