ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian Vawter
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on Mar 26, 2015 at 2:55:22 pm

I went back 2 versions and after doing a uninstall of Ver 7.0.29 driver for MAC, and reinstalled Ver 6.5.45
Why did I do that? Well, on the Nvidia site where you download the driver, if you go to the information tab you see this message:

"Note: this driver does not support the older generation GPUs with SM1.x. Please download CUDA driver 6.5.45 which supports SM1.x."

What the heck is SM1.x. ?

After checking out the System Report on both my Mac Pros (4,1 and 5,1) , the GPU numbers for each are SMC V 1,39f5 and SMC V 1.39F11, Assuming that this is what the Nvidia note is referring to, that means that version 6.5.45 is the last version compatible with my Mac Pros.

Going on this assumption, I uninstalled the latest drivers on both Mac Pros and reinstalled V 6.5.45

So far so good performance wise, BUT I haven't had a really long editing session yet and am not ready to claim success yet.

If anyone can verify my logic in the steps I took, that would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will let you all know if I encounter the problem again.
Fingers crossed.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]