ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Swinson
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on Mar 22, 2015 at 6:05:49 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not defective hardware because a lot us is on different hardware. I also think this goes further than the CUDA driver also. I don't get the screen glitches like a lot of others but I'm getting the system freezing when using any type of acceleration like CUDA or OpenCL but much worse with CUDA. Same thing happens in Resolve and Final Cut Pro X. I just moved back to Mavericks so I will have to see if this helps, it seems some have had more luck with Mavericks when it comes to the freezing issue I have but the screen glitch I don't have some in this thread said that does happen on Mavericks. You would think Nvidia would be all over fixing this issue since it's a technology that is a big selling point for them but I worry it's not a priority for them. I did a search and can't find anything in Nvidia blogs or anywhere else talking about these issues or any statement from Nvidia saying they know there is an issue and working on fixing it. If every program is having theses freezing issues when using the GPU it has to be a either a Nvidia graphic driver issue or a CUDA issue, I really don't see what else it could be. We are not all using the same graphic cards or Mac systems so I don't think its hardware related.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]