ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eric Fisher
Re: NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on Feb 18, 2015 at 1:20:50 am

Also having the same problem. I ran a hardware diagnostic and ruled out hardware issues. I removed all the CUDA files, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere. The glitching is gone, but Premiere is still extremely unstable, crashing every hour or so, and very slow in response to commands. It also only seems to be an issue with Premiere. After Effects is functioning just fine.

I did a clean OS Yosemite install before installing the Creative Suite, and was running a Blackmagic Studio express when I decided to install the CUDA drivers and my life fell apart. (I've also since removed the blackmagic peripheral to rule that out.)

As I was writing this, I thought to import my sequences from the old project into a new, fresh one. Premiere seems to be working again, although my audio is playing back very glitchy, and a few track effects I had on the mix are not just gone, they're unavailable...but at least I'm back to most functionality.

Time for another clean OS install, CUDA-free? Any way to not lose (another) half-day installing everything?

Eric Fisher
Director/Editor
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]