ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Long term storage, what's your solution?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dustin Parsons
Long term storage, what's your solution?
on Jan 5, 2015 at 6:55:51 pm

I've been freelancing for the past year and have amassed about 5TB worth of projects that I need to clear off my work drives to make room for future projects but I currently don't have a long term backup solution and was wondering if anyone has suggestions based on what they use? I figure each year I'll have another 5-9TB worth of content that needs archiving and will hold on it it for probably 3 years or more.

My first thought was to just grab some cheep 4TB hard drives and make sure I spin them up every 4 months but that doesn't seem very long term and even the cheap ones would end up putting me back around $600 for 8TB of archived content.

LTO could be the way to go if I could find a sub $1000 LTO drive but I'm also a little weary about LTO since I've never used it and because it's tape I feel it would be easer for me to mess up than a normal hard drive. Anyone have experience with this? Is this as easy as getting an external hard drive dock and plugging in drives? Cost wise how long has it taken for you to save money going the LTO route considering the initial investment usually involves purchasing an LTO reader?

Freelancers, business owners, let me know what your solution is. Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]