ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chip Burns
NVIDIA Card with Yosemite and Premiere causing major graphics failure
on Dec 23, 2014 at 6:23:38 pm

For the past few months I have been experiencing extreme graphics failures, primarily when running Adobe Premiere Pro CC 14.

This photo is the start of what I'm talking about:

The video display begins to distort and carry over into other applications and OS windows throughout the machine. Eventually the entire system freezes and reboots. On reboot, a dialogue box usually pops up and says I've experienced a graphics card problem causing the reboot. I always report this to Apple if given the option.

These problems began on my iMac, which I took to an Apple shop -- they replaced the logic board and sent the computer back home with me.

About 30 minutes into my next video project, the same failure occurred.

Here's where the problems become more complicated. I purchased a Macbook Pro and installed the Creative Cloud and the first day experienced the same problems.

Yesterday, I updated my Premiere Pro to the latest version and CUDA driver to 3.5 and the issues have become worse and unbearable. I'm barely able to edit for a solid hour without these system crashes.

I can tell you this -- the problem is not isolated by Premiere Pro, it can start even while surfing the internet.

The problem seems to start the most rapidly while using Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]