Re: 10.9.3 newMacPro GPU broken

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Slobodan Milivojevic
Re: 10.9.3 newMacPro GPU broken
on Jun 5, 2014 at 9:45:28 pm

Hi guys,

I can't describe how much I feel like a donkey now.

After decades working on PC, I've decided to try MAC, so recently I bought a new Mac Pro 6 core, with D500.

FCP 7 is out of question now (its old, slow and outdated), FCP X is s**t), so I decided to go with Adobe CC/Resolve combination.

BUT

After few days, I've realized that 16 GB is not enough, and that MAC OS is much worse in Memory management than Windows 7/8, so I have to order expensive 32 Gb in order to avoid OUT OF MEMORY errors (haven't seen in in Windows since 2000!!!) I was trying to use MULTIPROCESSING on Aftereffects, and it turn out to be slower in render than my 3 years old MSI notebook.

After unpacking machine, I've updated to 10.9.3, and since first project I have big problems with Premiere and Resolve.

I am getting weird lines during playback of RED or SONY f5 files, Premiere is hanging on GPU exports, Resolve is damn slow and just quits randomly....

Ist this THE MAC I was listening about for years....All these people nagging how Mac is cool, superior, this , that....???? OS that breaks GPU support for Adobe and Resolve??? WTF????

I feel like throwing this ugly trashcan trough the window, really....^$^&#^#^#!!##@@#

I am seriously thinking to install WIN 8 on trashcan... I guess It will work much better!

Director/Editor/Postproduction manager
@ Talking Pictures productions Bahrain
http://www.vimeo.com/channels/bobansky

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]